-: Our History :-

St. Mary's Academy, located in the Meerut Cantonment of 1857's First War of Indian independence fame, was established on 4 February, 1952 with just 24 students on roll. The first Principal, Bro. Igaatius William O' Brien with the support small community of brothers, founded SMA at the behest of then commanding officer of the sub. area Brigadier P. N. Kirpal and some well-meaning citizens of Meerut. As the brothers had no premises of their own, the school began in the compound of Saint Joseph's  Catholic church at 96, Church Street, Meerut Cantt. Patrician brothers fondly remember and record the then Parish priest and the diocese of Meerut for allowing the brothers to use three rooms in the church campus, as a school and brothers residence. 

As the number began to increase and perhaps owing to the lack of sufficient space, the school was relocated to Hotel Volga in the month of July, 1952. Since there was a steady increase in numbers, Brother O'Brien after much negotiation, succeeded in renting Hotel Deluxe and shifted the school to the hotel premises, the present location of SMA. In December, 1955, the school presented its first batch of students for the Cambridge school certificate examination conducted by the Cambridge University of England. In the year 1976, the school officially became an affiliate of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi which conducts class X and XII examinations.

Excellent results, sound moral values, keen interest in sports, extracurricular activities and all-round personality development have been the hallmark of St. Mary's Academy ever since her inception. Over the years, she has been instrumental in the formation of noted personalities in India and abroad in all walks of the life and has a strong and devoted Illumina Association which leaves no stone unturned in making her known far and wide. She had in all India topper in the class XII examination namely Geetak Gupta during the academic session 2005–06 with an aggregate of 98.25% adding to her already existing Charisma.

She celebrated her silver jubilee in 1977 and golden in 2002. The students are divided into four houses after four of the eminent leaders of the modern India, namely, Shastri, Tagore, Gandhi and Nehru to inculcate in them the noble values coupled with the true patriotism and to foster healthy competition. Her Moto "Rectis Corde Latitia" meaning "Joy to the upright of the heart" truly when arises all that she stands for and every Marian who goes through her portals radiates this trademark of hers. May she grow from the strength to strength in always been guided and protected by her pettiness: Mother Mary.